Congratulations all round for the brewers as West Berkshire Brewery have won six highly acclaimed awards this year. These latest accolades mean that we have now racked up over 40 awards across our range of beers.
Good Old Boy (4% abv) scooped:
– Best Bottled Bitter at the Farm Produce Awards
– Silver Award Winner for Best Bottled Bitter (up to 4.9%) at the SIBA SE Region Awards
– Bronze Award Winner at the International Beer Challenge
– 1 Gold Star at the Great Taste Awards
These two additions takes Good Old Boy to a total of nine awards.
The Farm Produce Awards are run by Great British Food Magazine and this year they had over 300 entries to judge across the 14 different categories. Great British Food Magazine celebrates the very best in British produce so it’s fantastic that our Good Old Boy came out on top!
Dr Hexter’s Healer (5% abv) achieved:
– Gold Award Winner for Best Bottled Bitter (5% and over) at the SIBA SE Region Awards
– 2 Gold Stars at the Great Taste Awards
Dr Hexter’s now boasts 11 awards, including Champion Beer of Britain.
The Gold Award means that Dr Hexter’s will be entered into the National Finals at SIBA Beer Ex in March.
Head Brewer, Will Twomey (pictured with all our brewers) says “We’re chuffed to have won these awards. We have achieved national recognition for our cask beers but have never entered into the bottle competitions before. To have to bagged a gold, a silver, a couple of stars, an overall winner and International recognition in our first ever bottle competition is amazing. We know that our beers rock and is great to hear that others do too.”
We’re all well chuffed with these awards but it does mean that we’re running out of wall space to hang them all!